This guide will teach you how to install HTPC Manager on your Ubuntu server. With these instructions, you will be able to get HTPC Manager working in almost no time on your Ubuntu server 16.04. This can be done thanks to the help of the amazing AtoMiC ToolKit. HTPC Manager lets you combine all your home server software into a slick and neat interface, providing a comfortable way to control them all. With HTPC Manager you can have a greater control over your home server software. [Read: Too many web interfaces? Try HTPC Manager!]
Before You Begin
For apps like SickBeard, SickRage, Sonarr, and CouchPotato, Usenet is better than Torrents. Unlimited plans from Newshosting (US Servers), Eweka (EU Servers), or NewsDemon, which offer >3000 days retention, SSL for privacy, and VPN for anonymity, are better for HD content. Sometimes US and EU servers carry different content.
|Newshosting||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||
$99.99 ($8.33 / month)
|Eweka||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, EU Servers||€7,50 (Special!!!)|
|NewsDemon||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$7.50|
|Astraweb||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL||$8.00||$96.00 ($8.00 / month)|
|For more plans that may fit your needs please read our Usenet plan selection guide.|
Install HTPC Manager on Ubuntu Server: concise method
- Access Ubuntu through commandline or open a terminal window.
- Install git-core with the console command: sudo apt-get -y install git-core
- Download AtoMiC ToolKit with git clone https://github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Move to AtoMiC ToolKit directory with cd ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Start AtoMiC ToolKit with sudo bash setup.sh
- Read and agree to disclaimers by typing y.
- Type the username to install HTPC Manager as, typically your system login name, and press Enter.
- Scroll and select HTPC Manager.
- Scroll and select Install HTPC Manager.
- Check that correct script was selected and continue.
- When installation completes, check the output for any errors.
- Go back to the AtoMiC UI, select HTPC Manager again.
- Scroll and select Access Details, in order to check the URLs and ports you can use to access HTPC Manager.
5. What to do after you install HTPC Manager on Ubuntu?
Check if the installation was successful. If it was, you should be able to access HTPC Manager from your web browser. You will be greeted by an empty dashboard. This is OK because you have not yet configured any dashboard modules. You need to enable modules and add your API configurations in the HTPC Manager settings in order to see your modules in the dashboard. Install new software on your Ubuntu server easily with the help of AtoMiC ToolKit!