There are multiple ways to install Kodi on AFTV box and stick and in this post, I am going to show you how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV using adbLink. adbLink used to be called adbFire. It allows you to perform several hacks and system-level changes on AFTV devices through an ADB connection. Before proceeding with Kodi setup using adbLink, ensure that you have configured adbLink to manage your Fire TV. You may also refer to our ATFV Kodi Blueprint Guide for everything you need to know about Kodi on Fire TV. So lets get started.
Fire TV adbLink Kodi Setup: Concise Method
- Open adbLink -> Choose Current Device from drop down -> Click Connect
- Download Kodi:
- Method 1: On adbLink go to File->Download Kodi->Choose ARM
- Method 2: Visit Kodi Downloads Page on your adbLink computer and download Kodi for Android ARM
- On adbLink, with the AFTV device connected, click Install APK
- Browse and select the downloaded APK file -> Click Yes to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV using adbLink
- Watch the progress bar the bottom of the window, and wait for Installed message
- You should now find Kodi on AFTV homescreen under Apps
A recent Fire OS update simplified launching sideloaded apps from under Apps menu on homescreen. After first Kodi use, you should also see the Kodi app shortcut under Home, making it even more easier to launch Kodi. From here, the possibilities are endless, you can install some of the best Kodi addons, sports addons, live TV addons, kids addons, and more (be sure to get a good VPN service to open up all content). Our AFTV Kodi Blueprint guide will help you get the best out of your AFTV Kodi setup. So go ahead, install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV using adbLink and enjoy streaming.