The following tutoriall will help you install Mylar comics downloader on your Ubuntu server. If you follow these instructions, you will be able to get Mylar working in a very short time on your Ubuntu server 16.04. This is done with the help of AtoMiC ToolKit. With Mylar you will be able to download comic books, in a similar way to how Headphones music downloader for Ubuntu Server is used for music. With Mylar Ubuntu installation you will be able to download comics via your favorite torrent clients or NZB newsgrabbers. [Read: Install SickRage on Ubuntu Server – Easy AtoMiC Method]
Before You Begin
For apps like SickBeard, SickRage, Sonarr, and CouchPotato, Usenet is better than Torrents. Unlimited plans from Newshosting (US Servers), Eweka (EU Servers), or NewsDemon, which offer >3000 days retention, SSL for privacy, and VPN for anonymity, are better for HD content. Sometimes US and EU servers carry different content.
|Newshosting||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||
$99.99 ($8.33 / month)
|Eweka||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, EU Servers||€7,50 (Special!!!)|
|NewsDemon||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$7.50|
|Astraweb||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL||$8.00||$96.00 ($8.00 / month)|
|For more plans that may fit your needs please read our Usenet plan selection guide.|
Install Mylar on Ubuntu Server: concise method
- Access Ubuntu through commandline or open a terminal window.
- Install git-core with the console command: sudo apt-get -y install git-core
- Download AtoMiC ToolKit with git clone https://github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Move to AtoMiC ToolKit directory with cd ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Start AtoMiC ToolKit with sudo bash setup.sh
- Read and agree to disclaimers by typing y.
- Type the username to install Mylar as, typically your system login name, and press Enter.
- Scroll and select Mylar.
- Scroll and select Install Mylar.
- Check that correct script was selected and continue.
- When installation completes, check the output for any errors.
- Go back to the AtoMiC UI, select Mylar again.
- Scroll and select Access Details, in order to check the URLs and ports you can use to access Mylar.
5. What to do after you install Mylar on Ubuntu?
Check if the installation was successful. If it was, you should be able to access Mylar from your web browser. You will be greeted by an empty downloads list. This is OK because you have not downloaded any comics yet. As you use Mylar, you will see new downloads here. Install new software on your Ubuntu server easily with the help of AtoMiC ToolKit!