Welcome to the guide to install qBittorrent on Ubuntu server using AtoMiC ToolKit. In this guide you will learn step by step how to setup qBittorrent on your Ubuntu server. qBittorrent is a free, open-source application that runs on all major OSes. It offers an alternative torrent client. qBittorrent has customizable search, support for all bittorrent extensions, and more. qBittorrent helps you download content even better when integrated with applications such as CouchPotato or Sickrage. [Read: CouchPotato vs SickBeard, SickRage, or Sonarr for beginners]
Before You Begin
For apps like SickBeard, SickRage, Sonarr, and CouchPotato, Usenet is better than Torrents. Unlimited plans from Newshosting (US Servers), Eweka (EU Servers), or NewsDemon, which offer >3000 days retention, SSL for privacy, and VPN for anonymity, are better for HD content. Sometimes US and EU servers carry different content.
|Newshosting||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||
$99.99 ($8.33 / month)
|Eweka||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, EU Servers||€7,50 (Special!!!)|
|NewsDemon||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$7.50|
|Astraweb||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL||$8.00||$96.00 ($8.00 / month)|
|For more plans that may fit your needs please read our Usenet plan selection guide.|
Install qBittorrent on Ubuntu Server: concise method
- Access Ubuntu through commandline or open a terminal window.
- Install git-core with the console command: sudo apt-get -y install git-core
- Download AtoMiC ToolKit with git clone https://github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Move to AtoMiC ToolKit directory with cd ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Start AtoMiC ToolKit with sudo bash setup.sh
- Read and agree to disclaimers by typing y.
- Type the username to install Transmission as, typically your system login name, and press Enter.
- Scroll and select qBittorrent.
- Scroll and select Install qBittorrent.
- Check that correct script was selected and continue.
- When installation completes, check the output for any errors.
- Go back to the AtoMiC UI, select qBittorrent again.
- Scroll and select Access Details, in order to check the URLs and ports you can use to access qBittorrent.
5. What to do after you install qBittorrent on Ubuntu?
Once you’re done with the installation of qBittorrent on Ubuntu, you will be asked to login with your credentials. These are
admin/adminadmin by default. You can change these later. Start using qBittorrent today and enjoy the convenience of downloading your movies through this application!