If you want to know how to install SABnzbd on Ubuntu server, then you have come to the right place. This tutorial will enable you to get SABnzbd working in little time on your Ubuntu server 16.04. To make it easier, we will use the awesome AtoMiC ToolKit tool. SABnzbd is a free and easy to use binary newsreader you can use to download content and manage your downloads from any device via a responsive interface. SABnzbd can be integrated with other apps in order to provide a smooth downloading experience. [Read: How to configure SABnzbd with Sick Beard and CouchPotato?]
Before You Begin
For apps like SickBeard, SickRage, Sonarr, and CouchPotato, Usenet is better than Torrents. Unlimited plans from Newshosting, UsenetServer, or NewsDemon, which offer >2900 days retention, SSL for privacy, and VPN for anonymity, are better for HD content.
|Newshosting||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||
$99.99 ($8.33 / month)
|UsenetServer||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$10.00||$95.40 ($7.95 / month)|
|NewsDemon||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$7.50|
|Astraweb||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL||$8.00||$96.00 ($8.00 / month)|
|For more plans that may fit your needs please read our Usenet plan selection guide.|
Install SABnzbd on Ubuntu Server: concise method
- Access Ubuntu through commandline or open a terminal window.
- Install git-core with the console command: sudo apt-get -y install git-core
- Download AtoMiC ToolKit with git clone https://github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Move to AtoMiC ToolKit directory with cd ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Start AtoMiC ToolKit with sudo bash setup.sh
- Read and agree to disclaimers by typing y.
- Type the username to install SABnzbd+ as, typically your system login name, and press Enter.
- Scroll and select SABnzbd+.
- Scroll and select Install SABnzbd.
- Check that correct script was selected and continue.
- When installation completes, check the output for any errors.
- Go back to the AtoMiC UI, select SABnzbd+ again.
- Scroll and select Access Details, in order to check the URLs and ports you can use to access SABnzbd+.
5. What to do after you install SABnzbd on Ubuntu?
Check if the installation was successful. If it was, you should be able to access SABnzbd from your web browser. You will be greeted by a language selector. This is the first step on an easy configuration wizard you should follow if you want to configure SABnzbd. With the AtoMiC ToolKit it is easier for you to install software on your Ubuntu server and focus on enjoying it, so give it a try today!