Learn with us in this short guide how to install Sonarr on Ubuntu server. This tutorial will give you all the necessary steps to use AtoMiC ToolKit to get Sonarr on your Ubuntu server 16.04. Sonarr is the new name given to NZBDrone, a popular Usenet downloader you can use to get TV shows directly on your home server. It reads content from RSS feeds, looking for the shows or video content you set it to look for. Sonarr is capable of downloading the latest video content related to that feed. [Read: CouchPotato vs SickBeard, SickRage, or Sonarr for beginners]
Before You Begin
For apps like SickBeard, SickRage, Sonarr, and CouchPotato, Usenet is better than Torrents. Unlimited plans from Newshosting, UsenetServer, or NewsDemon, which offer >2900 days retention, SSL for privacy, and VPN for anonymity, are better for HD content.
|Newshosting||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||
$99.99 ($8.33 / month)
|UsenetServer||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$10.00||$95.40 ($7.95 / month)|
|NewsDemon||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$7.50|
|Astraweb||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL||$8.00||$96.00 ($8.00 / month)|
|For more plans that may fit your needs please read our Usenet plan selection guide.|
Install Sonarr on Ubuntu Server: concise method
- Access Ubuntu through commandline or open a terminal window.
- Install git-core with the console command: sudo apt-get -y install git-core
- Download AtoMiC ToolKit with git clone https://github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Move to AtoMiC ToolKit directory with cd ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Start AtoMiC ToolKit with sudo bash setup.sh
- Read and agree to disclaimers by typing y.
- Type the username to install Sonarr as, typically your system login name, and press Enter.
- Scroll and select Sonarr.
- Scroll and select Install Sonarr.
- Check that correct script was selected and continue.
- When installation completes, check the output for any errors.
- Go back to the AtoMiC UI, select Sonarr again.
- Scroll and select Access Details, in order to check the URLs and ports you can use to access Sonarr.
5. What to do after you install Sonarr on Ubuntu?
After you install Sonarr on Ubuntu and access through a web browser you will see an empty media list. This is OK as you have not downloaded or searched for anything yet. Start adding sources to download your TV shows from and enjoy the versatility of this useful downloader. Enjoy using AtoMiC ToolKit to enhance your home server functionality!