In this short guide you will learn how to install Webmin on Ubuntu server. This tutorial will guide you through the process of getting Webmin working in almost no time on your Ubuntu server 16.04. A tool will help us complete this process in an easy way: the amazing AtoMiC ToolKit. Webmin is a web-based system administration interface for Unix, that allows you to manage your server using any modern web browser. Webmin removes the need to edit configuration files on Unix OSes by hand, and makes a system manageable via console or remotely. [Read: 6 Cool Webmin tweaks to enhance productivity and security]
Before You Begin
For apps like SickBeard, SickRage, Sonarr, and CouchPotato, Usenet is better than Torrents. Unlimited plans from Newshosting, UsenetServer, or NewsDemon, which offer >2900 days retention, SSL for privacy, and VPN for anonymity, are better for HD content.
|Newshosting||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||
$99.99 ($8.33 / month)
|UsenetServer||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$10.00||$95.40 ($7.95 / month)|
|NewsDemon||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$7.50|
|Astraweb||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL||$8.00||$96.00 ($8.00 / month)|
|For more plans that may fit your needs please read our Usenet plan selection guide.|
Install Webmin on Ubuntu Server: concise method
- Access Ubuntu through commandline or open a terminal window.
- Install git-core with the console command: sudo apt-get -y install git-core
- Download AtoMiC ToolKit with git clone https://github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Move to AtoMiC ToolKit directory with cd ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit
- Start AtoMiC ToolKit with sudo bash setup.sh
- Read and agree to disclaimers by typing y.
- Type the username to install Webmin as, typically your system login name, and press Enter.
- Scroll and select Webmin.
- Scroll and select Install Webmin.
- Check that correct script was selected and continue.
- When installation completes, check the output for any errors.
- Go back to the AtoMiC UI, select Webmin again.
- Scroll and select Access Details, in order to check the URLs and ports you can use to access Webmin.
5. What to do after you install Webmin on Ubuntu?
You should be able to access Webmin from a web browser if the installation was successful. Sometimes, after installing Webmin, you might get a security certificate error on your browser. Ignore it and proceed. To use Webmin, make sure your link starts with
https:// and not with
http://, since Webmin uses a secure connection. Enjoy managing your Ubuntu server through the Webmin interface, installed with the help of AtoMiC ToolKit. Try it out!