qBittorrent is a lightweight bittorrent client for Linux and other platforms. Its specialty compared to Deluge or Transmission, is the ease of installation and configuration. This post introduces the recently released qBittorrent v3.0.11 update.
Enjoy unlimited streaming of Movies and TV Shows on several devices, free 2-day shipping on orders, and free Kindle books for only $6.60 per month. Sign-up now to get a free 1-month trial.
What’s New in qBittorrent v3.0.11
qBittorrent v3.0.11 brings several bugfixes and performance improvements. Listed below are the changes in this version:
- FEATURE: Allow more fine tuning of upload slots. It should improve speed (sledgehammer999)
- FEATURE: Enable edit/rename via F2 or double-click in various places (Gelmir)
- BUGFIX: Fix Spanish and Basque translations being messed up on Windows (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Don’t allow newlines in rename dialog (Gelmir)
- BUGFIX: Treat unfinished dates as the newest ones when sorting (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix text size problem on Windows with custom DPI (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Respect UI lock when clicking on tray notification (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix kickass torrents search plugin (Gelmir)
- BUGFIX: Use system language as default language. Closes #780 (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Move completed files to .unwanted folder when they are unselected by the user (constantined)
- BUGFIX: Show delete action when multiple feeds are selected (Gelmir)
- BUGFIX: Use Unicode for libtorrent alert messages (Gelmir)
- OTHER: Update translations
- WINDOWS: Shave off ~4MB from the binary size (sledgehammer999)
- WINDOWS: Remove wrong dependency on msvc2008 runtime (sledgehammer999)
- WINDOWS: Disable stacktrace when building with mingw (Gelmir)
- WINDOWS: Updated NSIS script to include/delete .pdb file. (sledgehammer999)
Release announcement is available here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
3 Best Standalone Bittorrent Downloaders:
Don't want to mess with servers? Check these out:
If you have not added the PPA repository yet, then add it first using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable
Then update your packages cache and upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, just download the latest .exe from here and install it as you would setup any program on Windows.