SABnzbd is a free and open source newsgrabber that makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating almost all tasks. It is a must-have companion for media center enthusiasts for apps such as CouchPotato to download movies and Sick Beard to download TV shows. This post introduces the recently released SABnzbd 0.7.17 update.
Enjoy unlimited streaming of Movies and TV Shows on several devices, free 2-day shipping on orders, and free Kindle books for only $6.60 per month. Sign-up now to get a free 1-month trial.
What’s New in SABnzbd 0.7.17
SABnzbd 0.7.17 brings these changes and improvements:
- Upgrade embedded unrar to 5.01 and (partially) support RAR5 format
- Support for more meta-data in NZB files (to be used in TV Sort)
- Optional integration with the OZnzb indexer, allows user access to ratings and reporting directly from SABnzbd interface.
- Optional automatic feedback to OZnzb on failed downloads
- Commandline option –pidfile to set your own PID-file name/path (Unix and OSX)
- Basic support for X-DNZB-Failure and X-DNZB-Details headers, sent by some indexers
- Support rate-limiting by (a number of) indexers
- Special option "warn_dupl_jobs" to suppress/enable warnings for duplicate jobs
- Special option "flat_unpack" to ignore folders inside archives
- Fix false encryption alarms for some posts
- Fix issue with OSX Mavericks Notification Center support
- Fix issues with passwords embedded in file names
- Support UNC paths in Sort expressions (Windows)
- Add password entry boxes in smpl and Classic skins
- Prevent unwanted change of queue order after editing job details
- Allow Default category to be picked in Multi-Ops
|Newshosting||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||
$99.99 ($8.33 / month)
|UsenetServer||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$10.00||$95.40 ($7.95 / month)|
|NewsDemon||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$7.50|
|Astraweb||>2800 days, unlimited, SSL||$8.00||$96.00 ($8.00 / month)|
|For more plans that may fit your needs please read our Usenet plan selection guide.|
Release announcement is available here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, just download the latest
.exe from here and install it as you would setup any program on Windows.