The CoolWell V4 Android TV Box is a device that’s fully capable of the features we have come to expect from TV boxes. With a decent hardware including eight cores, as well as other great specs, this CoolWell V4 review will show us an interesting device to stream our media with the Kodi for Android app or any other app we want to use. The CoolWell V4 TV box reminds us of the similar M8C Android box, which was a Quad-Core box with webcam. Ready to get to know more of the CoolWell V4 Android Player with us? Keep reading. [Read: Quick PowerLead Ptox P1030 review: Windows 10 in a can]
The first detail we can appreciate in our CoolWell V4 review is the giant antenna, which actually enables the device to receive WiFi signals in the 2.4GHz as well as the 5GHz frequency, expanding our connectivity and offering us more options. This is surely a good thing, because the CoolWell V4 TV Box is actually lacking USB connectivity. Only one port for us to connect a wireless HTPC keyboard or any other peripheral, will be kind of a limiting factor if we want to expand our setup beyond that. Nevertheless, this is a small price to pay if the performance is good, so, how does it fare, performance wise?
Best Wireless HTPC and Android TV Box Keyboards
- Logitech K410 Living-Room Wireless Keyboard with Built-In Touchpad - $37.75
- Logitech Illuminated K830 HTPC Wireless Keyboard and Touchpad - $69.99
- iPazzPort KP-810-10AS Wireless Mini Keyboard Remote with Touch - $15.99
- Rii i8+ 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - $22
- LYNEC C120Pro Mini Wireless Gyro Remote Keyboard Mouse - $13
CoolWell V4 Review: great specs, low price
I was actually amazed because the specs sheet of this device does not really seem to go hand in hand with its price. The CoolWell V4 TV box seems to be capable of handling streams well and offering a great performance, yet its price is around 70 bucks at the time of writing this article. We will let you judge its specs and see for yourself if the CoolWell V4 Android player might be a good option for your setup.
CoolWell V4 Review: Technical Specifications
- GPU: PowerVR G6110
- System: Android 5.1
- CPU: RK3368
- Core: 1.5GHz
- RAM: 2G
- ROM: 16G
- Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
- Decoder Format: H.264,H.265,RealVideo8/9/10
- Video format: DAT,H.264,H.265,ISO,MKV,MOV,MP4,MPEG,MPG,VC-1,WMV
- Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,RM,WMA
- Photo Format: JPEG,JPG,PNG
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
- Power Supply: Charge Adapter
- Interface: HDMI,RJ45,SPDIF,TF card,USB2.0
- Camera : 2M
- Language: Multi-language
- Product weight: 0.141 kg
- Package weight: 0.608 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 14.00 x 9.20 x 1.80 cm / 5.51 x 3.62 x 0.71 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 23.20 x 14.20 x 5.50 cm / 9.13 x 5.59 x 2.17 inches
- Package Contents: 1 x COOWELL V4 TV Box Rockchip 3368 Octa-core, 1 x Power Charger Adapter, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x IR Remote Adapter, 1 x AV Cable, 1 x User Manual
As you can see, the CoolWell V4 Android Box supports a wide number of media formats, so you are bound to have a good experience if you want it to play local media. Its connectivity is good, if you can overlook the fact of it having so little in the way of USB ports. Its decent amount of RAM and eight processor cores are a good asset for the CoolWell V4 Android player to offer a nice media experience.
CoolWell V4 Review: Do you recommend this device?
Having a device with decent features and a great hardware power is a good way to enter the world of Android streamers. The camera enables you to hold conversations with friends and family from your couch, so it’s a good addition as well. All in all, the CoolWell V4 TV Box is a device that offers many uses. If this sounds interesting, hurry and get yours while it’s still on sale. Stay tuned with our tutorials to get the most out of your device. Take a look at the 10 best Kodi movies addons and the 10 best Kodi live TV addons for ideas about what plugins to use on your device. Make your Android Kodi experience better with the CoolWell V4 TV Box and our tutorials!