Emby is an application useful to set up and manage your own media center, and connecting several devices within your network (or outside of it) to your home server, to stream media and enjoy your content wherever you are. In this regard it is similar to Plex, and you could compare both to find out their strong and weak points against each other. [Read: Plex vs Emby: A Comprehensive Comparison]
Emby lets you install plugins, in order for you to be able to get interesting content. You can also enjoy your media library collection, and there are options to do it even if you are not at home. Some of the plugins let you listen to radio stations around the world, such as the TuneIn Radio Emby Plugin. Others let you look at videos in popular sites; this is the case of the Vimeo Emby Plugin. You can control Emby through a variety of devices, including your Kodi HTPC, with the Emby addon for Kodi.
What’s New in Emby Server 3.0.7100 Release?
The Emby Server 3.0.7100 release comes with several minor bug fixes and tweaks over its predecessor, the Emby Server 3.0.6050 release. New settings have been added to allow you, for example, to customize the output format during recording. Your output can be formatted as MKV or MP4. There are also new transcoding settings, for those who want to customize their encoding command lines. You can see the complete list of new features and bugfixes for this release below.
Bug Fixes in Emby Server 3.0.7100 release
- Fix VA API transcoding with sync jobs
- Fix required field on live tv setup page
Best Plex Client Devices
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV Streaming Media Player 2nd Gen - $199.99
- Amazon Fire TV Box 2nd Gen - $99.99
- Roku 4 Streaming Media Player (4400R) 4K UHD - $123.99
- Google Chromecast 2 - $33.98
- Intel Compute Stick CS125 Computer with Intel Atom x5 - $129.99
Other Improvements in Emby Server 3.0.7100 release
- Move channel view setting from user to global
- Add setting to exclude external content from suggestions
- Fix web app title reset
- Update server discovery for Windows UWP app
- Update recording layouts
- Update guide display settings
- Enable sync for podcasts channel
- Increase default image extraction timeouts
You can read more about these changes in the Emby Blog website. If you’re interested in finding out the best Emby client device, you could take a look at the best Plex client devices to get an idea of what to look for in an Emby client device.
Install or upgrade Emby Server
You can follow the instructions in our guide to install Emby Server on Windows, if you use that operating system. Alternatively, stay tuned for more guides to install Emby in other operating systems: it can be installed on Linux, NAS Devices, MacOS or freeBSD.
Enjoy managing and streaming your media with Emby Server!