On February 29, 2016 phpMyAdmin introduced the phpMyAdmin 4.6.0-rc1 release.
phpMyAdmin is designed to perform a wide range of operations on MySQL over the web. It offers the user friendly web interface, support for most MySQL features, management of MySQL users and privileges, management of stored procedures and triggers, import and export of data from various sources, administration of multiple servers and much more.
What’s New in phpMyAdmin 4.6.0-rc1 Release
Since our last publication, covering the 4.5.1 release, phpMyAdmin introduced several versions: 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.5.3, 4.5.4 and 4.5.5, as well as some releases focused on maintenance and security improvements. Of special importance in this version timeline is the 4.6.0-alpha1 version, which included over 35 improvements, and these have been carried over to 4.6.0-rc1.
A few highlights about this release candidate: it will allow setting routine-wise privileges UI for defining partitioning in create table window. Support for the JSON data type is added, which is great since this data type is becoming more and more useful nowadays. You can edit the partitions of a table in table Structure with this version of phyMyAdmin.
Besides all of these improvements, you can also copy your results to the clipboard now, and you can cut and paste in print view, something that had been disabled in previous versions. This version takes into account the global nature of this software, as error messages will be shown in the user’s language now. There are also some issues corrected with this release candidate, and you may see them below.
The phpMyAdmin 18.104.22.168 version will attend the following issues:
- issue #11456 Disabled storage engines
- issue #11479 Allow setting routine wise privileges
- issue Hide Insert tab for non-updatable views
- issue #11490 UI for defining partitioning in create table window
- issue #11438 Support JSON data type
- issue Editing partitions in table Structure
- issue Tracking does not make sense for information_schema
- issue #11550 Regression in Find and replace
- issue #11619 TokuDB Tables Show Size as “unknown”
- issue #11654 Use a slider for Internal relations
- issue #11641 Ability to disable the navigationhiding Feature
- issue #11647 Restrict configuration NavigationTreeDbSeparator to strings
- issue #11667 Disable the tooltip in the navigation panel’s filter box
- issue Copy results to clipboard
- issue #11504 Reactivate cut&paste possibility in print view
- issue #11702 Extraneous message after edit + grid-edit
- issue #11668 Table header is empty with browsing an empty table
- issue #11701 Allow changing parameter order of routines
- issue #11708 Remove no password warning
- issue #11711 Clarify the meaning of “Stand-in structure for view” in SQL export
- issue HTML line break shown after a MySQL connection error message
- issue #11728 CSV import skip row count after
- issue Fixed displaying of SQL query on table operations
- issue #6321 Display binary strings as text if they are valid UTF-8
- issue #11743 Display routine specific privileges
- issue #11538 Copy multiple tables to database
- issue Support Cloudflare Flexible SSL
- issue Handle empty TABLE_COMMENT
- issue #11833 Drop support for old Internet Explorer versions
- issue #11796 Use modals for displaying forms in db structure page
- issue #11789 Show MySQL error messages in user language
- issue Add ‘ssl_verify’ configuration directive for self-signed certificates with mysqlnd and PHP >= 5.6
- issue #11874 Show more used PHP extensions
- issue #11874 Report when version check and error reporting are disabled
- issue #11849 Fix PDF schema export
- issue #11412 Remove ForceSSL configuration directive
- issue Remove support for Mozilla Prism
- issue #11412 Remove PmaAbsoluteUri configuration directive
- issue #11914 Fix autoloading of phpseclib
- issue #11880 Fixed rendering of missing extension error
- issue #11923 Errors on Structure tab when user only has select access on certain columns
- issue #11972 Missing documentation for $cfg[‘Servers’][$i][‘favorite’] and $cfg[‘NumFavoriteTables’]
- issue #11907 Avoid displaying UPDATE query twice
- issue #11850 Fixed CSV import
- issue Fix SQL syntax highlighting in database search page
- issue #12056 Fix error when we can not generate random string
- issue #12055 Fixed PHP syntax error in templates
- issue #12054 Fixed processing of queries with escaped quotes
- issue #12041 Fixed exporting tables with fields DEFAULT and COMMENT
The complete changelog for the phpMyAdmin 4.6.0 and other releases can be found here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
If you followed our installation guide for Ubuntu, then you can upgrade to phpMyAdmin 4.6.0 once it is released using the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Complete instructions can be found in the phpMyAdmin Documentation.
Please contact phpMyAdmin Support to address any installation or upgrade issues to the phpMyAdmin 4.6.0-rc1 version.