qBittorrent is a lightweight bittorrent client for Linux and other platforms. It’s specialty compared to Deluge or Transmission for the ease of installation and configuration. This post introduces qBittorrent 3.3.7 update, released on September 11th, 2016.
What’s New in qBittorrent 3.3.6?
Since our last publication, covering the 3.3.6 release, qBittorrent introduced a release with minor bugfixes.
qBittorrent 3.3.7 release comes with following features and fixes:
- FEATURE: Delete torrent+files with Shift+Delete (pieniacy)
- BUGFIX: Fix 6-hour speedplot point push rate. Close #5545 (Daniel Segesdi)
- BUGFIX: Avoid spawning a new explorer.exe process when selecting “Open containing folder”. Closes #5564. (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Fix loading of new geoip db due to an artificial size limit. (SagePtr)
- BUGFIX: Better error handling and logging with smtp communication. (Brian Kendall)
- SEARCH: Remove KickassTorrents search engine (ngosang)
- SEARCH: Remove BTDigg search engine (ngosang)
- SEARCH: Update Torrentz search engine (ngosang)
The complete changelog for the qBittorrent 3.3.7 and other releases can be found here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
Alternatively, you may use our AtoMiC ToolKit to make qBittorrent installation and maintenance easier:
3 Best Standalone Bittorrent Downloaders
If you have not added the PPA repository yet, then add it first using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Then update your packages cache and upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, you can install qBittorrent v3.3.7 by running the latest
.exe from here and overwriting the existing installation.