qBittorrent is a lightweight bittorrent client for Linux and other platforms. Its specialty compared to Deluge or Transmission, is the ease of installation and configuration. This post introduces the recently released qBittorrent v3.0.10 update.
Enjoy unlimited streaming of Movies and TV Shows on several devices, free 2-day shipping on orders, and free Kindle books for only $6.60 per month. Sign-up now to get a free 1-month trial.
What’s New in qBittorrent v3.0.10
qBittorrent v3.0.10 brings several bugfixes and performance improvements. Listed below are the changes in this version:
- BUGFIX: Fix LegitTorrents search plugin
- BUGFIX: Improve peer host name resolution (closes #360)
- BUGFIX: Context menu fix in the Web UI
- BUGFIX: Respect ‘don’t show’ torrent dialog in Search (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Torrent creator can now use files/folders from disk root (Gelmir)
- BUGFIX: Update free disk space when changing drives in the add new torrent dialog (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Various fixes relating to RSS drag and drop (Gelmir)
- BUGFIX: Properly rename torrent which changes position in filter model (Gelmir)
- BUGFIX: Actually show tray notifications when a torrent finishes downloading (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Don’t download RSS items based on rules still being edited (Gelmir)
- COSMETIC: Native look for the search boxes (Hyperz)
- IMPROVEMENT: Use natural sorting where possible (Gelmir and sledgehammer999)
- LINUX: Drop Boost.Thread dependency from configure script
- OTHER: Update translations.
- OTHER: Drop obsolete Boost.Thread dependency from configure script on linux (Dumez)
- LIBTORRENT: SOCKS5 fixes (0.16.10)
- LIBTORRENT: Fix hanging issue on Windows when closing files (0.16.10)
- LIBTORRENT: Cache can now be returned to the OS (0.16.10)
- PERFORMANCE: Impove drawing speed of tranferlist when there are many torrents(>100) (sledgehammer999)
- PERFORMANCE: Impove drawing speed of peers list when there are many peers (sledgehammer999)
Complete changelog can be found here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
3 Best Standalone Bittorrent Downloaders:
Don't want to mess with servers? Check these out:
If you have not added the PPA repository yet, then add it first using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable
Then update your packages cache and upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, just download the latest .exe from here and install it as you would setup any program on Windows.